In this guide we advise you how to care for your head after your SMP treatment including how to cleanse and apply balm to your head and what to avoid to prevent SMP fading.
Immediately After Your SMP Treatment
In this period you may experience some redness and swelling after your treatment, which is totally normal and usually subsides within 24 hours.
Within the first 24 hours after your treatment, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid touching the area
- Do not shower over the area
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid excess sweating
- Do not apply any products
- Do not shave the scalp
Do not apply any ointments 6 to 24 hours post procedure.
The first 6 to 24 hour window is necessary for natural wound healing, without the interference of any foreign molecules.
Day 2 to 4 After Your SMP Treatment
24 hours after your SMP treatment, follow these steps:
- Ensure hands are clean and avoid rubbing aggressively.
- Cleanse the area with Micro Tonic or Micro PH 5.5 Scalp Cleanser 24 hours post procedure, then apply a thin coat of Micro Balm 5.5 SMP to the area.
- Use a cotton bud to decant a pea sized amount from the balm pot.
For the subsequent 72 hour period, cleanse as directed and apply balm two to three times daily.
PLEASE NOTE: Never apply the balm without cleansing first.
Within this period you still need to continue to avoid touching the area (unless cleansing), showering the area, avoiding sunlight and avoid excess sweating.
Please do not shave the area until day 5.
Day 5 And Onwards After Your SMP Treatment
- Follow the guidelines listed for post treatment advice immediately after your last session.
- We recommend your hair to be cut/shaved every 1-2 days or when you can notice a difference between your existing hair to the SMP.
- Avoid swimming, saunas and steam rooms for one month after your final treatment as this can cause fading to your SMP.
- In order to give your SMP treatment the longevity it deserves you should avoid any heavy exercise for 14 days after your final session. We say this to allow your SMP treatment to settle into your scalp and not be disturbed by excessive sweating.
- Keep the treated area out of direct sunlight for 30 days post final treatment.
After this time, you should use a sun blocking cream and a matte moisturiser.
Thank you for putting your trust in us here at Scalp Nation.
We hope you enjoy your new SMP for years to come!